I am more than grateful to all of my watchers and followers, theres anywhere between 1600-2000 of you! I had a hiatus and still saw growth in my viewer base. You don’t truly understand how much that made my work seem valid in my eyes. I alway thought that once i finished making comics, that all of my work would be dust in the wind. That isn’t the case at all though! And to show my appreciation to all of you ill have a contest that gets all of our creative sides rolling, even those of you who cannot draw!
There are three comics here.
AJ and RD Rarity and Flutters Twi and Pinkie
You May have already notice, there is no dialogue here. That is where you all come in! Your mission is to by any means necessary, make a joke in any of the comics!
You all, be you tumblr or Deviantart, can enter a submission for all three, just two, or only one if you wish.
You will be competing with one another to see who can come up with the funniest comic!
You can submit your comic on ANY website you wish. Deviantart Tumblr, Imgur, Facebook, KYM, Cheezburger, Funnyjunk, 4chan, 9gag ect. ANYTHING!
But once your image is up, you have to send it to either My Deviantart as a note, or a submission to either my Mod Blog, or Main Blog. be sure to preface in the note that you are submitting into the contest by pointing out so in the title/topic of it.
The Nitty Gritty:
Now every competition has their own rules, here are a few!
1. Every comic can be altered, or added to in many ways. You can add effects, Speech bubbles, swoosh lines ect.
2. You cannot subtract from what is presented. This means if anything in the comic, ie ponies or panels are missing, it will not be accepted into the contest.
3. SFW. Now in the past there has been a strict PG rating to this series, but for this contest alone, I will be allowing you to get a little crazy. By this i mean suggestive/profane language is allowed, but it must have a reason within the context of your plot.
4. There must be one speech bubble for every panel EXCLUDING the final panel for each comic. This however can be danced upon, grunts and other auditory emotions count. (This rule is also subject for change)
5. The final panel however, is a special one. You must have some kind of text, or artistic edit within the non paper textured space. Its up to you how you interpret what’s going on in the comic, so anything can be on them realistically. You can draw on it yourself, or take images from other sources. However, if you take from others credit must be given to the original, save things like memes.
6. You must have a Title, and your username under the logo on the first panel, in a fashion that i can identify your comic, and who you are (such as Applejack does a thing by narflarg.deviantart.com)
Each comic will be personally judged by me and a select few friends. We will score them on the following:
Creativity: How farfetched your joke is when put against others.
Hilarity: The level of sheer amusement. This one is difficult, because we may laugh at how ironically bad your joke is.
Correlation: How well your comic fits the visuals given.
There will be one winner in each category, because although I am super grateful, i am also equally as lazy. I may get a second winner for each with a basic OC draw.
The prize will be a free OC Draw with up to two ponies of your choice, or you can get me to do something that you want to see done! (to some extent)
The deadline will be Sunday, May 25th 2014. This gives you just over 2 weeks, which may be plenty of time, there can be an extension if there aren’t enough peeps entering!
Seeing as I am terribad at this kind of stuff everything is subject to change to some extent, any questions you can ask the Mod Blog, or deviantart comments section.
Good luck and have fun!